The LG HG2 has many good qualities and is one of the best cells of 2015. The LG HG2 boasts a 20A max. discharge rating which is very good and adequate for most high-current applications. This, coupled with a high 3000 mAh capacity really allows this cell to hit a home run. As production increases during summer 2015 expect to see a lot more HG2 batteries hitting the market.
*Update 2018: While this cell is still popular in battery packs, a popular alternative is the Sony VTC6 which sees better availability in Mainland China.
- Model: INR18650HG2
- Manufacturer: LG Chemical
- Country of Origin: South Korea
- Chemistry: INR
- Max. continuous discharge current: 20A
- Nominal capacity: 3000 mAh
- Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
- Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
- Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
- Standard charging current: 1500 mA